Leon Thomas - The Leon Thomas Album MP3
Written-By – Leon Thomas, Neal Creque
Written-By – Leon Thomas
|3||Pharoah's Tune (The Journey)|
Written-By – Leon Thomas, Pharoah Sanders
|4||Um, Um, Um|
Written-By – Leon Thomas
Written-By – Ellen May Shashoyan, Milt Jackson
|FDS 132||Leon Thomas||The Leon Thomas Album (LP, Album, Promo, W/Lbl)||Flying Dutchman||FDS 132||US||1970|
|FDS 10132||Leon Thomas||The Leon Thomas Album (LP, Album)||Flying Dutchman||FDS 10132||Canada||1970|
|FD-10132||Leon Thomas||The Leon Thomas Album (LP, Album, RE)||Flying Dutchman||FD-10132||US||Unknown|
|FDS-132||Leon Thomas||The Leon Thomas Album (LP, Album, RE)||Flying Dutchman||FDS-132||US||Unknown|
|CDBGPM 270||Leon Thomas||The Leon Thomas Album (CD, Album, RE, RM)||BGP Records||CDBGPM 270||Europe||2013|
- Alto Saxophone – Jerome Richardson (tracks: A1 to A3, B1)
- Arranged By, Conductor – Oliver Nelson (tracks: A1 to A3, B)
- Baritone Saxophone – Howard Johnson (tracks: A1 to A3, B1)
- Bass – Bob Cunningham (tracks: A4, B1)
- Bongos – Gene Golden (tracks: A4, B1), Sonny Morgan
- Congas [Conga] – Richie Pablo Landrum
- Design – Lou Queralt
- Drums – Billy Cobham (tracks: A1 to A3, B1), Roy Haynes (tracks: A4, B1)
- Electric Bass – John Williams Jr. (tracks: A1 to A3, B1)
- Engineer – Bob Simpson
- Flute – Donald Smith (tracks: A1 to A3, B1), James Spaulding (tracks: A4, B1)
- Flute [Freedom Flute Equador] – Leon Thomas (tracks: A4, B1)
- Mastered By – Van Gelder
- Oboe [African Oboe] – Sonny Morgan (tracks: A1 to A3, B1)
- Photography By [Cover & Liner Photos] – Ray Ross
- Piano – Arthur Sterling
- Producer – Bob Thiele
- Tenor Saxophone – Billy Harper (tracks: A1 to A3, B1)
- Trumpet – Ernie Royal (tracks: A1 to A3, B1)
- Vocals, Maracas, Flute [Thailand Flute] [Hindewe Flute], Bells – Leon Thomas
A product of Flying Dutchman Productions, Ltd.
Printed in U.S.A.
©Copyright 1970 by Flying Dutchman Productions, Ltd.
Issued in a gatefold sleeve.
Tracks A4 & B1 are live recordings, no details of date or venue given and not stated on sleeve or labels but apparent on listening due to presence of audience.
- Matrix / Runout (Label A): FDS 132 A-1
- Matrix / Runout (Label B): FDS 132 B-1
- Matrix / Runout (A Side deadwax etched): FDS 132 A-1
- Matrix / Runout (B Side deadwax etched): FDS 132 B-1
- Matrix / Runout (A and B Side deadwax stamped): VAN GELDER
- Record Company – Flying Dutchman Productions, Ltd.
- Copyright (c) – Flying Dutchman Productions, Ltd.
- Distributed By – Mainstream Records, Inc.
- Mastered At – Van Gelder Studio, Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey
The Leon Thomas Album is the second album by American jazz vocalist and percussionist Leon Thomas recorded in 1970 and released by the Flying Dutchman label. Far from the sparely orchestrated ensembles of the previous works, Thomas loaded this set with jazz luminaries. Side one is the up-tempo jazz. Leon Thomas: Sing The Day, Teacher, Arcadia For The Land и другие песни. Side one is the up-tempo jazz ride, as Thomas and company rip through a host of his own tunes, such as the scatted post-bop of I Am and the nearly bar-walking blues of Come Along. But the side is graced by an absolutely stunning read of Milt Jackson's Bag's Groove, with Harper leading a five-horn section. The real gem on the album is Pharaoh's Tune The Journey, which comprises all of side two. Leon Thomas - Leon Thomas Album 1970. To favorites 1 Download album. Listen album. Free Jazz. Leon Thomas. Songs in album Leon Thomas - Leon Thomas Album 1970. Leon Thomas - Come Along. Leon Thomas - I Am. Leon Thomas - Bag's Groove. Leon Thomas - Um Um Um. Leon Thomas - Pharaoh's Tune The Journey. Update Required To play the media you will need to either update your browser to a recent version or update your Flash plugin. Listen free to Leon Thomas The Leon Thomas Album Come Along, I Am and more. 5 tracks 39:08. Альбом 1969 Песен: 5. Leon Thomas' overlooked second album, reissued for the first time. All-star line-up includes Billy Cobham, Roy Haynes and James Spaulding. 1972 Flying Dutchman Records 2013 Ace Records Ltd. Made in the EU. 바코드 및 기타 식별자. Barcode: 0 29667 52702 6. Rights Society: MCPS. Leon Thomas: Aimless, You Treat Me Like a Yo-Yo, Sho Enough и другие песни. Amos Leon Thomas Jr. October 4, 1937 May 8, 1999, known professionally as Leon Thomas, was an American jazz and blues vocalist, born in East St. Louis, Illinois, and known for his bellowing glottal-stop style of free jazz singing in the late 1960s and 1970s. Leon Thomas was born Amos Thomas, Jr. on October 4, 1937, in East St. Louis, Illinois. He studied music at Tennessee State University. At the time of his studies, he had begun a singing career as a guest vocalist for the jazz bands of. The Leon Thomas Album is ranked 42,356th in the overall chart, 4,339th in the 1970s, and 444th in the year 1970. This album is rated in the top 25 of all albums on . The Leon Thomas Album by Leon Thomas Year: 1970 Overall rank: 42,356th. Average Rating: 74100 from 5 votes