Reginald de Koven - Robin Hood MP3
|1||–Chorus||Away To The Woods|
|2||–Arwin Schweig||Song Of The Black Crow|
|3||–Chorus||Come To The Fair|
|4||–Virginia Haskins / David Poleri||Within This Hour We Met|
|5||–Earle Wilkie And Chorus||The Tinkers' Song|
|6||–David Poleri / Virginia Haskins||O Promise Me - Reprise|
|7||–Bruce Foote And Chorus||Brown October Ale|
|8||–Earle Wilkie||I Am The Sheriff Of Nottingham|
|11||–David Poleri||Serenade: A Troubador Sang To His Love|
|12||–Ensemble||Come The Bowmen|
|13||–David Poleri / Virginia Haskins||O Promise Me|
|15||–Arwin Schweig||Armorer's Song|
|16||–Virginia Haskins||Forest Song|
- Music Director, Chorus Master, Conductor – Henry Webber
- Narrator – Marian Claire
- Performer [Little John, Spoken by] – Norman Gauchauk
- Performer [Little John, Sung by], Vocals – Bruce Foote
- Performer [Maid Marian, Spoken by] – Muriel Brimmer
- Performer [Maid Marian, Sung by], Vocals – Virginia Haskins
- Performer [Robert, Earl Of Huntington, Spoken by] – Everett Clarke
- Performer [Robert, Earl Of Huntington, Sung by], Vocals – David Poleri
- Performer [Sheriff Of Nottingham, Spoken by] – John Barclay
- Performer [Sheriff Of Nottingham, Sung by], Vocals – Earle Wilkie
- Performer [Will Scarlett, Spoken by] – Maurice de Copland
- Performer [Will Scarlett, Sung by], Vocals – Arwin Schweig
- Producer – David Roland Gooch
Printed in U.S.A.
A Cast Recording Of America's First Great Musical Comedy.
- Record Company – American Entertainment Industries Inc.
- Manufactured By – American Entertainment Industries Inc.
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – American Entertainment Industries Inc.
- Copyright (c) – American Entertainment Industries Inc.
Robin Hood is a comic opera by Reginald De Koven music, Harry B. Smith lyrics and Clement Scott lyrics of Oh Promise Me. The story is based on the Robin Hood legend, during the reign of King Richard I 1189-1199 AD. The opera was composed in Chicago, Illinois during the winter of 1888-1889. The opera was first performed at the Chicago Opera House on 9 June 1890. It was produced by the Boston Ideal Opera Company, also known as the Bostonians. The opera opened in New York at the Standard. One thing fans of operetta and American musical theater alike could really use is a decent recording of Reginald de Koven's Robin Hood. Its historical importance as the first real musical and the work that most successfully Americanized the type of English-language operetta tendered by Gilbert and Sullivan has made the negative criticism that attended to Robin Hood from its first days long irrelevant. Preview, buy and download songs from the album Robin Hood Original Cast Recording, including Overture, Brown October Ale, Forest Song and many more. Buy the album for . Songs start at this item for. Robin Hood a comic opera in three acts. De Koven, Reginald, 1859-1920 Smith, Harry Bache, 1860-1936. Publication date. Operas - Vocal scores with piano. New York, G. Reginald De Koven, Soundtrack: Father Goose. Composer Oh, Promise Me and author, educated at St. John's College in Oxford, England. He also studied with Lebert, Pruckner, Vannucini, von Suppe, Genee, and Delibes. He earned an honorary Mus. at Racine College. He first worked in a brokerage firm, and also owned a dry-cleaning business in 1882, becoming a music critic for the Chicago. Reginald De Koven's operetta on the Robin Hood legend has previously existed for most of us operetta buffs mostly as a legend, a legendary piece that we only imagined because even a full vocal score is very hard to come by. To the rescue comes Ohio Light Opera, and now we can actually hear the piece. Its a quite decent example of English Operetta, quite derivative of the better known Gilbert and Sullivan. Marie Rappold sings Oh Promise Me the famous song from 1887 by Reginald De Koven-it was in Robin Hood on Edison Amberol 28029. Lyrics are by Reginald de Koven. Released: August 6, Hood book. Excerpt from Robin Hood: A Comic Opera in Three ActsAbout the PublisherForg. Let us know whats wrong with this preview of Robin Hood by Reginald De Koven. de Koven, Reginald : Robin Hood, operetta. Thompson, J. It was recorded live at the Ohio Light Opera 2004 Festival
Title: Robin Hood
MP3 album: 1163 mb
FLAC album: 2472 mb
Source: Vinyl, LP, Mono
№ Cat: AEI 1179
Label: AEI Records